Last week, I posted pictures of Lac Leman (Lake Geneva)’s ice storm. I took them in the Eaux-Vives area of Geneva, Switzerland. The post included a picture that was widely circulated (it went viral) of a car covered in ice after the ice storm in Versoix, Switzerland. Versiox is about 20 minutes up the lake from Geneva. I couldn’t resist going to see and take some more ice pictures.
I wasn’t the only one who wanted to see it. There were adults with cameras and children sliding on the ice. Other bloggers have also posted pictures. Clearly, I am not as talented as the AFP photographer who took the shot above. Nevertheless, it was impressive.
- Must see picture: Big Chill in Switzerland (globalfreeze.wordpress.com)
- Photos from inside the deadly European cold snap that’s killed at least 368 (news.nationalpost.com)
- 18 Jaw Dropping Photos Of Europe’s Deadly Winter (buzzfeed.com)
- Snow over Europe (oxfordschoolofphotography.wordpress.com)
- Geneva (And Europe’s) Cold Weather (schwingeninswitzerland.wordpress.com)