We went to Les Mosses, near Aigle and Chateau d’Oex, in the Lake Geneva region, to watch a sled dog race. This charming, picturesque, plateau is situated in a mountain pass. As a result, it is surrounded by mountains. Covered in snow, it is a winter wonderland. We almost expected music to fill the air and Santa’s elves to appear.
While it isn’t exactly extreme, and doesn’t have much nightlife this resort offers plenty of activities year-round. It has a reputation as a good family resort.
- There are T-bars all over the surrounding mountains and beautifully uncrowded slopes.
- It has almost 20 miles (32 km) of snowshoeing trails.
- We saw cross-country skiers everywhere, enjoying the almost 27 miles (42 km) of scenic trails.
- Believe it or not divers enter Lake Lioson in the winter for under-ice diving!
- Les Mosses approaches learning how to ski from the viewpoint that it is also important to have fun, making it popular with families. As a result, it has a park with a moving carpet, drag lift, short gentle slopes and enormous inflatable frog. The park has obstacles, figurines and slaloms to encourage play.
- Runners Who Eat Raw Meat, Run Naked And Sleep In The Snow…Dog Sledding (schwingeninswitzerland.wordpress.com)
- Chamonix, Skiing In The Death Sport Capital of the World (schwingeninswitzerland.wordpress.com)