Thank you Freshly Pressed for selecting the post (Everything You Don’t Need And Can’t Live Without) for Freshly Pressed. We left our families and friends to move over here and started the blog to share our lives and everything learned with them. It’s nice to know that someone other than my mom likes my pictures and is entertained. Thanks for checking it out.
I am trying not to embarrass anyone by writing about them. That being said, some people are so important to my life that I can’t imagine ignoring them. One of these people is my Uncle Mame (not his real name).* When I left North Carolina, I did not head directly to Switzerland. I did something even better. I saw Uncle Mame. I am so glad that I am able to see him before I leave.
Here are a few reasons why Uncle Mame is Marvellous:
- He loves my husband.
- While he shall always remain 30ish in my eyes, he is not. Nevertheless, you can take him to a Gogol Bordello concert and he will fit right in. He showed up decked out in American Apparel and ready to have a great time. It was epic.
- He is a very talented artist. He has an amazing eye and has taught me tons. He even bought me my first art set when I was little. When he showed me Broadway Boogie Woogie and explained it to me, I fell in love with art.
- He likes to do new and different things (horseback riding in NC).
- He is good with languages and will chat up anyone from anywhere.
- He loves kids and gets a kick out of them. Growing up, he always made my sister and I feel special.
- Wise like Yoda he is.
- He likes to laugh. If you hang out with him you are guaranteed to do so.
* I am trying to give everyone an alias to protect the both the innocent and the not so innocent.