Last weekend, we went to bed in Gimmelwald, Switzerland (accessible mainly by cable car) with this view of the Lauterbraunnen Valley in the Bernese Alps. It could have been clearer, but it’s still a pretty sweet view. We woke up to this.
And it kept falling.
We’re from Michigan, so we’re pretty hardy and decided that even though we were fighting off colds, we could do a few hours of hiking… in a snowstorm… on a mountain. Yeah. I know. We’re geniuses. Neither of us wanted to be the bigger baby and complain so we kept going.
Finally, the wind convinced us to turn back. We decided that it was getting so windy that if it got much worse they might shut down the cable cars and be stuck up there that night.
Thankfully, we were able to get down to our car. We even gave a couple of Aussies (whose paragliding trip had inexplicably been cancelled) a ride to the train station before setting off to see more of Switzerland.
- You Know You Live In Switzerland When You Take Cable Cars As Often As Regular Cars (schwingeninswitzerland.wordpress.com)
- Fun In The Alpine Fortress Of Fürigen (schwingeninswitzerland.wordpress.com)
- Les Incompetents Vol. 8 – Inappropriate Attire For The Slopes (schwingeninswitzerland.wordpress.com)
- Why Didn’t Hitler Invade Switzerland? (schwingeninswitzerland.wordpress.com)
- Paragliding, What Could Possibly Go Wrong? (schwingeninswitzerland.wordpress.com)
that first picture looks like a frightening road! gorgeous pictures!
We are glad you survived to tell the tale!
Wow! Probably a good thing you stopped so you didn’t get stranded somewhere on the side of a mountain!
Pingback: Sweet, Let’s Burn Some Stuff – Sechseläuten | schwingeninswitzerland
Pingback: A Snowstorm…On Easter?!? | schwingeninswitzerland
Pingback: The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow…Or Just In Time To For It ToSet | schwingeninswitzerland
Pingback: Les Incompetents Vol. 10: Nothing Beats The Simple Pleasure Of A Bike Ride | schwingeninswitzerland
Pingback: Les Incompetents Vol 11: Our First Trip To The Hospital | schwingeninswitzerland
Pingback: Les Incompetents Vol. 12 – Don’t Forget Your Train Pass | schwingeninswitzerland
Pingback: Car-Free Towns | schwingeninswitzerland
Pingback: Get Away From The Grind On Grinda | schwingeninswitzerland