Did you work Monday? He didn’t. We didn’t. Monday, August 1st was Swiss National Day (more about what Swiss National Day is in tomorrow’s post). If you didn’t get it off, make sure your boss gives you next August 1st off to celebrate. Here are ways to celebrate it:
- Fireworks (bonus points if you have them over a lake)
- Bonfires (preferably on a hill, mountaintop or other elevated spot)*
- Decorate busses with flags
- Put out special trash bags
- Bakers produce special bread rolls with a small Swiss flag on top. What is a holiday without a special pastry?
- Dress up in traditional Swiss costumes