Moving to another country is not like moving across town. We aren’t familiar with the lay of the land, they don’t speak English, there are different norms and everything just looks different. We were prepared for everything to take a long time and for many problems. Fortunately the gods have been smiling on us.
Here is what we have managed to accomplish thus far:
- got keys to apartment
- purchased washer and dryer
- toured gyms
- got a tour of our neighborhood, to learn where the post office is located, met with a doctor (to have one if necessary), went to grocery stores and lots of little things like that
- Went to the bank
- got our phone, cable and internet set up
- bought a special Swiss phone
- visited the office office
- got our yearly public transport passes
Needless to say, we are going to bed early.