I am trying not to embarrass anyone by writing about them. That being said, some people are so important to my life that I can’t imagine ignoring them. One of these people is my Uncle Mame (not his real name).* When I left North Carolina, I did not head directly to Switzerland. I did something even better. I saw Uncle Mame. I am so glad that I am able to see him before I leave.
Here are a few reasons why Uncle Mame is Marvellous:
- He loves my husband.
- While he shall always remain 30ish in my eyes, he is not. Nevertheless, you can take him to a Gogol Bordello concert and he will fit right in. He showed up decked out in American Apparel and ready to have a great time. It was epic.
- He is a very talented artist. He has an amazing eye and has taught me tons. He even bought me my first art set when I was little. When he showed me Broadway Boogie Woogie and explained it to me, I fell in love with art.
- He likes to do new and different things (horseback riding in NC).
- He is good with languages and will chat up anyone from anywhere.
- He loves kids and gets a kick out of them. Growing up, he always made my sister and I feel special.
- Wise like Yoda he is.
- He likes to laugh. If you hang out with him you are guaranteed to do so.
* I am trying to give everyone an alias to protect the both the innocent and the not so innocent.